Arch Linux is a lightweight and flexible Linux distribution. Arch Linux is favored by many users around the world. One of the biggest myths about Linux is it’s difficult to find software. However, with Arch Linux, there are lots of different sorts of software. Now let’s see how to install Arch Linux on your computer. To do this, we are going to use Rufus software. Rufus is a utility software that allows you to create bootable USB drives is a faster way.
For a usual computer user, this may sound gibberish and vague. But for any experienced computer tech, the description is clear and straightforward. For starters, this is because Rufus is not necessarily meant to be managed by average users. It was developed as an open-source application for Microsoft Windows so that tech-savvy users can create portable OS media. It is from this portable OS, where typical end users would benefit from because it has the user interface that can help navigate around and generate productive outputs.
But if you are looking for an alternative, you can download Disk Imager from the link below. So let’s get started. To start, you would need to download the Arch Linux operating system to be flashed, and the Rufus application. You can go to the above link to download it.
Once the files are ready, you can begin with the following steps:
- First, run your Rufus executable file program. It should eventually load the user interface for you to use
- In the Rufus application, you can select the image iso, and in this case, you would need to choose Arch Linux ISO
- Choose the Device USB Flash Drive where the image will be placed. You need to be aware that the selected Flash Drive will be formatted to clear from any files or media. So please verify that there are no important files in your drive before you begin the task. Make sure to do a backup.
- You can modify a few more preferences where you see applications such as Partition Scheme, File System, etc.
- Once you are satisfied with the setup, you can START and confirm the notifications that will follow. And finally, the process to create the bootable drive should be.
You can monitor the progress in the status bar. Once completed, the application should inform you that the thumb drive is ready. Once the process is complete, you can remove the USB drive from the computer.