The pain and discomfort of sensitive teeth are not pleasant. Inability to enjoy a cup of hot coffee, delicious ice cream, or cotton candy can definitely put a damper on your ability to enjoy food and drinks. There are various causes of this kind of sensitivity, including cavities, receding gums, and tooth enamel. It is important to get teeth sensitivity treated. You can find the best treatment for tooth sensitivity via https://hankchoedds.com/.
A common characteristic of teet sensitivity is the exposure of nerves in the dental pulp and/or tooth roots. Teeth need nerves to get the nutrients to remain strong and healthy. The roots of the teeth also hold gears safely into the jawbone.
Image Source: Google
Teeth Sensitivity Prevention
The most fundamental way to prevent tooth sensitivity is adequate proper oral hygiene. Oral hygiene is a combination of home dental care routine and treatment of dental professionals.
The proper oral hygiene routine at home recommended by dentists are as follows:
– Brush your teeth twice a day for two full minutes
– Floss twice a day, make sure to floss both sides of each tooth
– Use a fluoride toothpaste
– The use of alcohol-free mouthwash
– Replacing your toothbrush every three months
– Use a soft toothbrush medium hairy
– Teeth examination and cleaning by a dentist twice a year
If you stick to a strict oral care routine, you will significantly lower your chances of suffering from tooth sensitivity.